Adult Learning Class with Dr. David Ariel: The History of Zionism and Israel, 1967 – present
Adult Learning Class with Dr. David Ariel: Spring 2017
The History of Zionism and Israel, 1967-Present: West Bank Settlements and the Peace Process
Tuesdays, May 9, 16, 23, 30; June 6, 13
7:30 – 9:30 PM
8 person minimum.
In partnership with Hebrew College.
This course covers the history of Israel from 1967 to the present. Topics include the history of the West Bank settlements and the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, including Israeli policy, arguments for and against the settlements, Palestinian autonomy, and the American-Jewish relationship with Israel. The topics for each session are as follows:
- The History of the West Bank Settlements and Israeli Settlement Policy
- The Peace Process from Oslo to Camp David
- The Legal Status of the West Bank Settlements and the Arguments for and Against the West Bank Settlements
- The West Bank Barrier Wall and Palestinian Autonomy
- The Peace Process Since 2000 and Recent Peace Proposals
- The American-Jewish Relationship With Israel
Although the course is meant to be a unified experience, each session is "free standing" so missing one or two is OK.
Vilna Shul offers $5 validated parking after 4pm and on weekends. Parking validation is only good for the underground parking at the Charles River Plaza/ Cambridge Street Garage at 165 Cambridge Street. Entrance to the underground garage is between the Charles River Plaza Shopping Center (Whole Foods/CVS) and Au Bon Pain, near the intersection of Blossom St and Cambridge St. Yellow tickets from the surface lot at Whole Foods cannot be validated.